shannatodd2

Surface Tension

Books, books and more books

The Missionary Position: Mother Teresa in Theory and Practice
Christopher Hitchens
A History of the World in 10½ Chapters
Julian Barnes
How to Win Every Argument: The Use and Abuse of Logic
Madsen Pirie
The Year of Living Biblically: One Man's Humble Quest to Follow the Bible as Literally as Possible
A.J. Jacobs
The Book Your Church Doesn't Want You to Read
Tim C. Leedom, William Edelen, Jordan Maxwell, Sherwin T. Wine, Thomas Paine, Rocco A. Errico, John E. Remsburg, Kersey Graves, Gerald A. Larue, Morton Smith, Robert G. Ingersoll, Austin Miles, Dan Barker, John Marco Allegro, Joseph McCabe, Stephan A. Hoeller, Grace Hals
Women Know Everything!
Karen Weekes
Magic Burns
Ilona Andrews
The Frog Who Croaked Blue: Synesthesia and the Mixing of the Senses
Jamie Ward
The Daily Writer: 366 Meditations To Cultivate A Productive And Meaningful Writing Life
Fred White
Dreamfever
Karen Marie Moning
The One Worth Finding - Teresa Silberstern First off let me say dom-sub stories continue to fascinate me, but I'm ambivalent I can't decide whether they turn me on or put me off. And when I'm put off, it's usually the pain aspect the Dom (usually male) needing to inflict pain, of varying degrees, and punishment on the Sub (usually female. This, I struggle with.
I loved this story, the dom is is the leading lady and the sub is the hero. Usually dom females in the books I've read are portrayed as sadistic bitches, Tara is warm, caring, and not interested in torturing the sub Aaron, except with pleasure.
The sub Aaron (this was a problem, purely personal my 2yr old son's name is Aaron) was submissive without being unmanned.
That being said the sex was plentiful and not gratuitous and hot and bothering.
Above it all it's a romance story about two wounded souls finding their other halves and coming to terms with past hurts.